Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Pineapple

Psych is a show about two best friends who through a series of events in the pilot, end up opening a psychic detective agency, despite the fact that neither one of them is a psychic. To keep up the act shawn, the protagonist, helps the Santa Barbara police department by pretending to receive psychic messages and such. In psych, the show features a pineapple in every episode. Sometimes they did this thing where they would ask viewers to locate the hidden pineapple in each episode. For example, the main character would be talking and in the background you would see the pineapple on a counter or something. Some were difficult and others were easy. I looked up a few on the internet and when I saw the pictures I realized how bad I missed some of them. My personal favorite was in an episode where Shawn and Gus, the two main characters, become treasure hunters. In the middle of the forest, they look inside a cave that they think has treasure, and on the walls there are some drawings, things like caveman doodles and in these doodles is a pineapple drawing. The wall is only shown for a few seconds but there are people who had the sharp eye to see it. This is one of the many things the show does to keep viewers coming back for more and i believe as shows evolve they will continue to interact more with the fans.

1 comment:

  1. Riley, I must say you have a very exquisite blog. Your images of sub-par TV shows however, does not impress me. Other than that, this blog is very credible and sufficient. Well done.

    ReplyDelete