The essay prompt was to write a journal entry in the first person point of view. I though it would be cool to write multiple entries that tell a story over a few days about a Police detective in outer space that tracks down a galactic bank robber
8/11/2245 12:15 pm
Officer Trip
This morning I put on my uniform, got in my car and flew to work on mars, just like any other day. I got to work and said “Good Morning” to the stations receptionist Sheila, and headed into my meeting with Chief Henley. “How’s it going , Trip,” He said as I walked in the door “Have a seat.” I sat down and he began talking about one of the detectives we had just lost. His name was John Bailey, but everyone just used last names around the department so we just called him Bailey. “He was one of the best investigators this station… no, this planet, had ever seen!” Chief Henley exclaimed. “It’s time for someone else to step up,” he said as he turned to me “Will you be the next Detective Bailey?” I stared at him, thought for a second and then replied. “No,” I tilted my head back slightly and stared harder “Last chance kid” the Chief said. “I’m not the next Bailey chief,” I answered, “I’m the first Detective Trip”
8/14/2245 10:45 am
Detective Trip
I’ve been working on my first case for about three days now, There have been multiple bank robberies around town, along with suspected murder of MYPD’s very own Detective Bailey. Chief Henley has made it clear that this case should be my top priority since there is a cop killer and bank robber at large. I have compiled a list of 3 suspects with prior offenses and that were recognized at the scene of the crime, right now I am heading over to IAB (International Alliance Bank) with my new partner Detective Welch to investigate further. Welch is a short, muscular detective who had been working with the department for around 30 years. He is the oldest detective on the force and is passionate about his work. I am excited to see how he investigates and hopefully learn more.
8/14/2245 7:00 pm
Detective Trip
I have been at my desk in the station for two hours past five o’clock. I went to IAB with my partner in hopes that they could tell me something I didn’t know already. After about an hour of looking around and asking questions, I got nothing, except for the name of an employee. He quit one day after the robbery took place. Welch and I took a look at the belongings our suspect had left. The only things were a name tag with “Chuck Beethoven” inscribed on it, and a magazine with the cover ripped off. I made it back to the station to search the database for this name tag just in case it was a real name, it wasn’t. Tomorrow I plan to visit the other bank that was ripped off.
8/15/2245 2:00 pm
Detective Trip
Finally got my first big break in the case. I did some investigating at the Bank that our criminal had ripped off before getting a job at IAB. The bank manager told us that there was an employee that had only worked at the bank for about a week before quitting, he went by the name “Chuck Mozart”. As it turns out “Mozart” quit right after the robbery took place. I called Welch and told him to start looking for anyone who was recently been employed at a bank in Mars York under the name of a famous composer. As I walked out of the bank I saw a magazine stand right outside the bank, I walked over and noticed the man working at the was reading the same issue that “Chuck Beethoven” had in his locker. “Hey let me see that for a second” I asked the man, “That’ll be five dollars” the man responded. I pulled out my badge and took the magazine. “The Pink Panther Diamond will be on display at the Mars York’s National Museum on August 16th, come by and check out the three billion dollar stone.” Read the cover of the magazine. I immediately told Detective Welch to call the museum to let them know their precious diamond is in danger. After about 5 minutes Welch called me back and told me that the museum didn’t have the diamond, it was being held in the safe of MGB (Mars Galactic Bank)… the same place “Chuck Bach” was working.
No comments:
Post a Comment